Once considered an add-on that facilitated communication between the consumer and the business, live chat is now a must for most online shops. This is because waiting on the phone and slow response times of emails often send customers to other merchants.
Telephone, e-mail and Internet support is still important when it comes to building trust. But the presence of live chat exceeds them all – even if the buyers do not use it. Compared to other methods of communication, 92% of consumers prefer to communicate via live chat. About 80% prefer to communicate via social networks.
This is why live chat pleases buyers.
- Faster than any other method. After a minute of waiting, buyers are frustrated. Live chat response times can usually occur within 30 seconds. Since more than half of US online shoppers will abandon a purchase due to slow response times, chat is the best way to guide them to the right products and close the sale.
- Allows visitors to multitask at once. Between work and play, the weather is tight. The possibility for visitors to work on other things leaves more room for forgiveness if the operator takes a few minutes to find information. This is especially the case for smartphone users because live chat allows them to ask questions and wait for answers while using the smartphone to perform other tasks.
- Instills confidence. The mere presence of online chat can help convert. In addition, buyers who discuss before buying tend to spend more money and are more likely to become repeat customers.
- Helps to reduce the language barrier. Properly written answers and translation tools reduce the frustration of customers who do not understand the agent – a frequent complaint with phone support.
- Can be implemented proactively. Live chat can be used both as a responsive tool (initiated by the customer) and a proactive tool (initiated by the merchant). Usually, a merchant triggers an invitation to a chat when a user has spent some time on a certain page. Done correctly, it can help increase overall live chat engagement rates.
The main concerns regarding the implementation of the online discussion are usually the cost of the platform and the need for additional employees. But the benefits are significantly higher.
There are, of course, free options. But they often lack the necessary features and end up costing more money than they save. On average, live chat ranges from $ 10 to $ 149 per agent per month, depending on the features. When you take into account the time spent on phone support and the cost of a toll free number, live chat is more than profitable. And since agents can handle more than one discussion at a time, they are more productive.
16 main features
When shopping for a live chat solution, look for at least the following features.
- Answers kept. Saving time to answer common questions.
- Knowledge base or integration of frequently asked questions. This allows you to incorporate discussion topics into a support section that can be used for instant answers and to resolve problems with the website or customer service.
- Creation and management of tickets. This allows buyers to submit an application after hours of opening. Ideally, it includes automatic follow-ups to remind customers that you are waiting for their response.
- Notes on Support and Agents to identify areas for improvement.
- Follow-up of the visitors. Seeing the pages visited or visited, merchants can better understand the request.
- Integration of Analyzes so you can see which sales were assisted by the cat.
- Cat Keywords and Keywords to help you find the most common issues and questions.
- Dashboard or mobile application to monitor conversations while on the move.
- Visitor Prohibiting to minimize "trolls" that take their time.
- Characteristics of translation. Google Translate, free, can be helpful.
- Long-term logging to extend the purchasing route of consumers.
- Newspaper and data export.
- Chat conversations between agents. This eliminates the need for the buyer to repeat himself.
- File Download Support to help customers describe what they need.
Search multiple platforms and compare features, ratings, and reviews. It is possible that there are unique features that niche consumers would like, so inquire about the possibility of linking to other third party systems.