Apparently, every company has a blog these days. Unfortunately, very few organizations fully capitalize on the content of their blog to maximize SEO results. Here are eight simple ways a blog can improve the visibility, traffic and results of your website.
1. Create a compelling name for your blog
It irritates me when I go to the site of a company and the name of the blog is … "Blog"! I urge marketers to be creative and more descriptive when they name the blog section of a website. The name of your blog is also an opportunity for optimization. Ask yourself these questions:
- What is the main theme of the blog?
- What would be a convincing description in my industry?
- Can I incorporate important SEO keywords into the title or name of the blog?
- More specifically, who am I trying to reach?
[Read the full article on Search Engine Land.]
The opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. The authors of the staff are listed here.