Get trading recommendations and read the analysis on Hacked.com for only $ 39 a month.
Blockchain Insider is a new section dedicated to the interrogation of leaders in the world of blockchain. These include founders, veterans of the traditional industry have turned the participants of the ICO and all the rest. The weekly interviews will cover a wide range of questions and will attempt to explore the motivation behind blockchain-based ideas and the problems that blockchain technology is used to solve.
In 2017, cryptocurrency trades saw more users than some of the world's largest investment brokers. The reality is that crypto trading can be daunting for the first time. Deposits, account verification, fees, various coins and wallets are just a few aspects of the learning curve required.
Unlike most exchanges, CoinLion builds an exchange dedicated to a simple user experience, with a social component centered on sharing information. The result is a platform that will include portfolio management, content education and community incentives. After a thorough review of the dive on HACKED, I had the opportunity to meet Joshua Dewitt, CEO of CoinLion, and discuss the platform in more detail and what is planned for 2018.
1. Tell us a little about yourself:
My background is in the financial industry. My passion and my expertise are in portfolio management and construction. Before I started CoinLion, I was with Merrill Lynch working on a traditional asset management team. I first entered cryptocurrency through mining. I was fascinated by the technology and the ability to send transactions almost instantly without intermediaries for an incredibly low cost.
The more I started to operate and trade, the more I realized that it would become a big part of our future and ultimately change the way we deal and interact globally.
2. What was your inspiration behind CoinLion? How it all began?
I spent a lot of my time trying to figure out how to effectively manage the digital asset portfolios, but found that the lack of professional tools was frustrating. There was no platform available that had the tools to properly manage a portfilio. There was also no platform that encouraged users to share information and strategies related to digital asset management. This social aspect is valuable not only for professionals, but also for casual investors. Education is the key.
Moreover, there is a lack of research and analysis in the space. It is by desire to solve these problems that CoinLion was founded early 2017. In recent months, development and growth have been rapid. As the crypto trading space grows, the interest has increased dramatically.
3. What makes you different from your competitors?
The CoinLion Platform is composed of three main components that work together to maximize the user's trading experience. The first is a cryptocurrency exchange aimed at offering users the best possible trading experience. The second component is a portfolio management tool that enables the creation and management of cryptocurrency portfolios. The third component is a public profile system that rewards users who create and share portfolios, strategies, and information with other users.
CoinLion is the first digital asset exchange to integrate all of these components and provide powerful trading and management tools that help users to make intelligent investment processes and controlled.
4. What is the biggest problem currently on the market?
There are many to name but the three greatest in my opinion are:
- Existing platforms and exchanges have failed to provide a powerful, secure, and user-friendly platform that provides the tools, research, and education needed by both beginners and advanced to effectively manage digital resources.
- Currently, there is a mismatch between the tools, research and analysis that exist in the modern financial world and those available in cryptocurrency and the digital space to properly manage portfolios and execute strategies. This has created a heavy and confusing user experience, especially for the beginner.
- Trading platforms today are also riddled with security issues that have caused a significant barrier to entry for a large percentage of the population. There is no trust platform that offers crypto traders a community to learn, build and grow their cryptographic holdings using simple and powerful tools.
5. If there is one thing you could change in the industry, what would it be?
The industry is evolving so quickly and the technology is revolutionary. If I could change one thing, it would be to simplify and facilitate the participation of all those who would like to get involved. This is really the ultimate goal of CoinLion.
6. What does 2018 reserve for you?
We are currently raising funds for the continued development of the platform. Our token sales are continuing through the end of February 2018. We continue to build the CoinLion platform and we expect an expected launch date in July 2018. We expect continued growth of new entrants into the market and We look forward to providing future users with the tools they need to make smart decisions about digital asset management.
Disclaimer: The author has had a working relationship with CoinLion. Access to CoinLion management was done through the author's personal network.
Follow us on Telegram.