Having a mobile app allows customers to more easily engage with your brand, but it's not as simple as most people think. Simply doing an application for your business does not guarantee its success. You will also need to make sure your app has what it takes to outperform the competition and that your customers know that it exists.
Fortunately, it's easy to get started by taking some simple tips on developing and marketing apps. Below you will find our guide to the most important ingredients for any successful mobile application.
We divided our board into two sections: building your application and effectively marketing it. Try as many ideas as possible in each section and see the difference that they make for yourself.
Critical steps to create a successful application
When creating your application, focus on the following:
- Build it for a purpose. Avoid what developers call the creepy feature – a phenomenon that occurs when your application offers the user too much to do. You might assume that adding more features gives more value to the user, but in most cases, people feel paralyzed by the number of options available to them and end up with to use none . Instead, choose only one thing you want your application to do, and build it to do one thing really well .
- Try to make the purpose of your application unique – but if you can not focus on at least creating a flexible and intuitive user experience. UX must be a priority for developers because over half of all users say that the bad user experience can prevent them from using an application. You could even consider Linear UX which is a big trend this year-essentially, it just means configuring your application so that it guides the user through a single path so you do not have to. perform its main function.
- Pay attention to small details. These are the little things that can make or break an application: redundant buttons, screen clutter, and so on. Do some thorough testing before releasing to make sure you do not leave anything behind. Also make sure that any updates you plan to release in the future will take into account all the features and features of your application, not just the most visible ones.
Essential steps for marketing your application
Once you have an attractive and flexible application that performs well in its basic function and that it is as free as possible, you must make sure that people know to this subject. Here's what you need to do:
- Create a microsite. This should be about two or three pages that tell visitors how your app will improve their lives. Greet them with a punchy message as they reach your landing page, and make sure that it comes with an invitation to sign up for your newsletter so that you can tell them the moment the application is available for download.
- Maintain interest with offers and unique content. Once you've started creating your mailing list, offer progress updates so that people stay motivated by the launch of your app. Do not stop there, though. Make sure to include the occasional contest or discount code so that your future users feel compelled to use the app when it comes out.
- Go after technology blogs. Once you have set the date of your launch, try to do some hype. Email technical bloggers and have them cover your launch or review the app as soon as it's released.
- Encourage customer feedback. Positive ratings bring you more downloads, and even negative comments can be helpful. Once you have solved the problem of an unhappy user, it is likely that he will change his mind into a positive result (and your product will be stronger as a result of your work).
The future of mobile application development is going to experience many twists, but the fundamentals of solid design and savvy marketing will probably remain the same. Learn to focus on the strategies listed above, and you should be able to design much more competitive applications for your business.