Normally, I would not write on a car seat for TechCrunch but as I have been on the market for such an article lately (and I've been hit for everything about my baby technology)), the high-tech Cybex Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 is unmarked.
Cybex is manufactured in Germany and is an essentially European brand that is gaining momentum in the US market. Its brand new family car seat (the aforementioned Sirona M) is designed to give parents and caregivers peace of mind through technology.
Some of the technical features include Bluetooth monitoring and an app to alert parents when a caregiver may have left the child in the car, the child unbuckled his seatbelt while the car moves or if the baby may overheat.
Parents will receive an alert in the form of a chime if a vehicle receiver installed if something goes wrong while driving – as your child unwraps their clip. If the parent is not with the child, they will receive an alert through the app. So, for example, if someone who is looking at his child forgets the child in the car for a few minutes, the designated emergency contact (usually the primary caregiver) will be alerted about the application and will receive GPS coordinates to locate the vehicle.
The car seat also monitors the temperature of the vehicle so you can tell parents if their child is at risk of overheating and possibly dying from a hot car.
• Adjustable side protection that can go up in the seat when more space is needed in the back seat
• Magnetic belt holders for easy entry and exit
• Rear-facing installation of 5 to 40 pounds, or front 22 to 65 pounds
• Absorbent shell energy to help reduce the forces felt by the baby in a collision
• 12 positions, height adjustable Headrest with integrated harness without recess for protection that grows with your child
• Soft harness with non-slip coating and padded comfort cover
• Comes with a detachable newborn insert
• Installed with LATCH or vehicle seatbelt for secure connection to the vehicle seat
This car seat does not connect to any travel system. For those who are not in the loop (I was not until recently), a travel system would be a car seat that could attach to a stroller and given the opportunity to carry baby from stroller to car and vice versa.
I did not end up having the Sirona M Cybex. Instead, I went with the Uppababy Mesa car seat for design features and the ability to easily attach to the Uppababy Vista stroller. However, when I asked the VP of Cybex during a recent demo of Sirona M to incorporate SensorSafe technology into other models of car seats in the future, he smiled and suggested that this might be the case.
The Sirona M can hold children up to 65 pounds (about four years old), is priced at $ 330 and is available online at several outlets, including Amazon and Baby's Buybuy, from # 39; aujourd & # 39; hui.