IBM on private cloud cloud, a private cloud platform.
The new service employs a Kubernetes-based container that supports both Docker containers and Cloud Foundry.
IBM also introduced new container-optimized versions of core enterprise software including Websphere Liberty, Db2 and MQ.
Companies in the United States have made their transitions to public cloud environments, IBM said. Companies will spend an estimated $ 50 billion a year on these efforts and grow private business at an estimated rate of between 15 percent and 20 percent per year.
"Said Arvind Krishna, Senior Vice President for IBM Hybrid Cloud.
" Innovation and adoption of public cloud services has been constrained by the challenge of transitioning complex enterprise systems and applications.
IBM Cloud Private has "rapid application development and modernization" to existing IT infrastructure, he said, and allows it to be combined with the services of public cloud technology.
IBM has played a key role in the development of cloud-based computing for the enterprise. It is a founding member of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, and just last month open-sourced its WebSphere Liberty Code to support Java microservices. More than 12 million WebSphere and Db2 applications, according to IBM.
IBM Grafeas project, which is designed to help developers deal with security issues when working with containers
The Grafeas technology, said Chip Childers, chief technology officer of the Cloud Foundry
"Companies like American Airlines depend on IBM to provide an easy solution to deliver code to production, Cloud's Cloud Application Application Runtime excels at," he told the E-Commerce Times. "This offering is a huge step in the right direction – it shows that we're going to have a lot of things to do."
The Cloud Private software has several key features to help enterprises in their applications and data, IBM said, including the following:
- Cloud Management Automation – streamlined management across cloud environments to help launch, monitor and manage services, and maintain security.
- Security and Data Encryption – Security Vulnerability Advisor to Scan for Potential Vulnerabilities and In-Flight Data Encryption.
- Core Cloud Platform – A Container Engine, Kubernetes Orchestration, Cloud Foundry and Essential Management Tools surrounding developer runtimes.
- Cisco, Dell EMC, Intel, Lenovo and NetApp, IBM Power Systems, IBM Z, and IBM Hyperconverged Systems, powered by Nutanix.
- IBM Db2, PostGreSQL and MongoDB Data and Analytics – Integration with Database Services
- Application Support and DevOps Tools – containerized versions of IBM WebSphere Liberty middleware, Open Liberty, MQ and Microservice Builder and other frameworks are included in software bundles. APM, Netcool and UrbanCode can be added for an additional fee.
Ready to Launch
IBM is running pilot programs with Finnish pension firm Illmarinen and Chile's Banco de Credito, according to spokesperson Joseph Collier. Illmarinen, who manages pensions that cover 900,000 people in that country, is expected to start production by Cloud Private by early 2018. BCI's schedule was not immediately available.
IBM has some of the most important cloud computing business to compete against Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and other data and information companies, says Jeff Kaplan, Managing Director of ThinkStrategies.
"IBM's greatest comparative advantage is their ability to be able to rely on a large number of companies that have made huge investments in their systems and software, and still believe they need to rely on private cloud resources to support their corporate operations. objective, "he told the E-Commerce Times.
The Cloud Private program is the "latest example of how IBM embraces modernization technologies," Pund-IT Principal Analyst Charles King told the E-Commerce Times, "to ensure the continued relevancy of its various platforms and services."