Before you go anywhere or do anything during National Small Business Week 2018, you should check out the list of events, promotions and great deals of the National Week of the Week. small business 2018
National Small Business Week 2018 will take place from May 9 to May 5. Small Business Trends is once again proud to be co-sponsor of National Small Business Week of the Small Business Administration this year.
Our list this year has events that you can attend in person or watch online. There are even special promotions especially for small business owners this week. Make sure to check out the many other National Small Business Week events happening across the country starting April 29th. Many local businesses organize their own events to coincide with the national celebration of the SBA.
If you have an event or promotion or business to submit to our list, please write and share to [email protected] .
National Events of Small Business 2018
Friday, April 27
The purpose of this event is to help improve the financial management process of a small business. Owners who will be going to Hackathon will receive help from the federal government, third party companies and the Visa Event Organizer to create an automation tool aimed at a portion of this process. The small business that designs the best tool for this event will earn $ 10,000.
The Hackathon will start on Friday, April 27 and end on Sunday, April 29. It will be held at the Ronald Reagan Pavilion on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, DC.
Sunday, April 29
National Award Ceremony for SBA Resource Partners
The SBA will present the following national awards to its resource partners as part of National Small Business Week:
- Award for Excellence and Innovation from the Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Award for Excellence in Services to Veterans Affairs
- Award of the Center for Excellence of Women in Business
- SCORE Chapter of the year
- Lender of the Year Jody C. Raskind
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
You can watch these prizes presented on Sunday, April 29th at 6pm. (EDT). The event will be broadcast live on the Facebook page of the SBA.
Monday, April 30
National Awards Ceremony for Federal and Other Public Procurement
The SBA is wrapping up awards ceremonies for National Small Business Week 2018 by presenting awards for the year 's exporter and the year' s small – time entrepreneur. The small entrepreneur of the year is awarded to a company from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The SBA also awards a prize to the National Small Businessperson of the year.
These Federal Procurement Awards will also be distributed on Monday:
- Senior Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence (Services, Research and Development and Manufacturing)
- 8 (a) Graduate of the year
These prices will be announced on a feed on the Facebook page of the SBA from 12:45. (EDT).
IRS Webcast: Can I deduce that?
The agency will discuss common tax deductions for small business owners and entrepreneurs. There are two sessions, 11h and 13h. EDT, that this webcast will play. Sign up for one of the webcasts by clicking here.
Tuesday, May 1st
National Bus Tour of Small Business Week – Jacksonville, FL and Savannah, GA
This is the kickoff of a three-day bus tour of small business owners in the southern United States. The SBA says the goal is to highlight small business owners at stops along the tour. The event takes place in Jacksonville, Florida, and Savannah, Georgia on May 1st. If you are not in or near the cities of the tour, you can follow online on Twitter by following #SmallBusinessWeek.
Virtual Conference of National Small Business Week – Day 1
The Virtual Conference is a series of free three-day webinars hosted by the SBA and SCORE Association. The registration for each of the webinars in this series is free. The organizers say everyone is an opportunity to meet other small business owners, meet small business experts and participate in presentations.
- To register for one of the webinars in this series, click here.
Here is a schedule for the first day of the virtual conference:
- How the Evolution of Consumer Behavior Affects Your Business: Anastasia Kudrez from Google explains how technology can help you better understand consumer behavior. The webinar begins at 1 pm EDT.
- Combating Discrimination and Harassment in the Workplace: All aspects of these topics of great importance to employers and their employees will be discussed. This webinar begins at 2:30 pm EDT.
- Getting New Business and Repeating on Auto Pilot with Email Marketing: This Constant Contact webinar gives tips on using email marketing to get new customers and keep them. The event starts at 16:00. EDT.
- Creating and Maintaining a Strong Social Presence: Sarah Nunes of Vistaprint shares tips on creating a social media campaign for your small business. The webinar starts at 5:30 pm EDT.
IRS Webcast: Employee vs. Independent Contractor
This event will discuss the differences between an employee and an independent contractor, an increasingly important issue for small business owners and freelancers. There are two 30-minute sessions for this event, starting at 11:00 and 13:00. EDT. Sign up for one of the webcasts by clicking here.
Wednesday, May 2
National Small Business Week Bus Tour – Columbia, SC and Fayetteville, North Carolina
The National Bus Tour continues for Day 2 with stops in the capital of South Carolina, Columbia, and Fayetteville, NC. Look for updates as the SBA highlights some of the best small business owners in these cities. They will tweet under #SmallBusinessWeek along the tour.
Virtual Conference of National Small Business Week – Day 2
The virtual conference hosted by the SBA and SCORE association continues for the second of three days. Registration for these webinars is free.
- Sign up for one of the webinars by clicking here.
Here is a calendar for the second day of the virtual conference:
- The US Economic Outlook and its Impact on Small Business: Bruce Cundiff, Vice President of the Visa Business and Economic Insights Team, shares a short-term economic forecast for small businesses. The webinar begins at 1 pm EDT.
- Managing Your Finances in the Cloud: The benefits of cloud technology in financial management will be addressed in this Intuit webinar. The program starts at 14:30. EDT.
- Grow Your Business in 2018: This Square webinar focuses on the use of technology to save you time in running a small business. This event starts at 4 pm EDT.
- Simple steps to choosing the right financing: OnDeck presents this webinar to help your small business choose the right kind of financing from the options available today. It starts at 5:30 pm EDT.
IRS Webcast: Pay Now? Pay later? Can not pay? (Payment Options)
This webcast, which is part of a week-long series of IRS, will cover the following topics related to the payment of taxes:
- Paperless Payment Options
- Configuration of payment installments on irs.gov
- Eligibility for an Offer of Compromise
There are two sessions for this webcast. They start at 11:00 and 13:00. EDT. Sign up for one of the webcasts by clicking here.
Time of Power Speed Networking Event
HOP events take place during National Small Business Week in northeastern Ohio. The first event during NSBW is at HiHo Brewing Company in Cuyahoga Falls, OH at 4pm. You can register for the event here.
Thursday, May 3
New York Small Business Exhibition
More than 12,000 people are expected at what is considered the largest B2B trade show of any day in the country. Small Business Expo takes place at Jacob K. Javits Convention Center | Hall 1A – 655 W 34th Street, New York, NY 9: 00-17: 00 EDT.
Anne Chow, President of National Business at AT & T Business, will deliver the keynote presentation at 9:30 am on digital transformation.
National Small Business Week Bus Tour – Raleigh, NC
The bus tour of the SBA's National Small Business Week arrives in the Triangle for its last stop on the third day of the event. Small business owners in Raleigh, North Carolina, will be honored by the SBA as the tour comes to a close.
Virtual Conference of National Small Business Week – Day 3
The virtual conference hosted by the SBA and SCORE Association ends on the third and final day. Registration for these webinars is free.
- Sign up for one of the webinars by clicking here.
Here is a schedule for the third day of the virtual conference:
- Hug your Boaters: How to Accept Complaints and Build Customer Loyalty: Jay Baer, founder of Convince & Convert, discusses the possibilities that your small business has when she receives a complaint from a client. The event sponsored by Chase starts at 1 pm. EDT.
- Share your story through the video: Google presents another webinar of the series, this one about the power of video in presenting your small business. The webinar begins at 2:30 pm EDT.
- Pop & Play: How to Open an Ephemeral Store Can Help Launch Your Trademark: Kimco Realty Presents This Presentation on the Growth of Ephemeral Stores and Their Ability to Launch a Trademark Retail. This event starts at 4 pm EDT.
- Fusion Marketing: The Next Generation of Marketing: Author and Entrepreneur Lon Safko conjures up the idea of combining your traditional business tools with the high tech ones of today. 39; hui. It starts at 5:30 pm EDT.
IRS Webcast: Resources for Small Businesses
The IRS discusses the information resources available in the Small Business & Self Taxed Center. There are two webcasts, from 11h and 13h. EDT. Sign up for one of the webcasts by clicking here.
Time of Power Speed Networking Event
HOP events take place during National Small Business Week in northeastern Ohio. This event is held at Wicked Pickle in Massillon, OH at 9:00 am EDT. You can register for this event by clicking here.
Friday, May 4
Twitter Chat for National Small Business Week
The SBA brings together small business experts from across the country to meet on social media at the end of Small Business Week. This cat will start on Friday, May 4th, in Noon (EDT).
The purpose of this discussion on Twitter will be to start and develop a small business. Industry and SBA (@SBAgov) experts will be on-line to offer tips and advice on these topics, so get your questions ready right now. You can join or follow the conversation on Twitter by following #SmallBusinessWeek.
IRS Webcast: Check-Check Checkup
The IRS presents experts at two webcasts (from 11:00 am and 1:00 pm EDT) that will discuss whether you take the appropriate taxes from an employee's paycheck, according to the new rules of the law on tax cuts and jobs. Sign up for one of the IRS's webcasts during the week by clicking here.
Promotions and Special Offers from Small Business Week
National Small Business Week One Page Special Website
During National Small Business Week, Rachel Miller Designs offers small businesses the chance to get a one-page website for only $ 100. A one page web site is a great way to get your small business online for the first time or for a special promotion or product.
The offer includes several stages: Design, Development, Test and Launch. The agreement includes a series of revisions under Design and Development. The cost is only $ 100. The costs of hosting and domain are not included. To get the case, message Rachel Miller Designs on social media (@rachelmillerdesigns) or email [email protected] . This offer is only valid from April 29th to May 5th.
Weekly Small Business Website Special
From April 29 to May 5, WebDesign59.com offers service companies the opportunity to create a custom website with the company's designer. Service companies may reimburse the cost of this special offer over a period of 24 months. The agreement is for new customers of the company only. Other small businesses can participate in this offer if they share news of this special with their audience and WebDesign59.com will share theirs.