According to CISCO at the Networking Index video already accounts for about 64% of all Internet traffic, which should account for 80% of all traffic in 2020. This is huge because it represents four fifths of the world traffic!
If you are in the field of digital marketing, then the right time to invest in video content is now.
Optimizing video: Why does it matter?
Despite the fact that you have worked hard to develop your website and write large articles and high quality content to achieve a higher ranking in Google, the fact is that these articles will never be ranked on YouTube.
YouTube currently ranks second among the most popular search engines with more than three billion searches processed each month, as reveals Mushroom's computer graphics and market research Networks.
This is a huge market to which you should consider investing.
The competition is also very strong on Google, which makes it extremely difficult to rank on the first page, let alone rank in position 1!
What does it mean, is that you let all your hard work to lose!
For this reason, you simply need to turn your content into videos. If you maximize your rights, you're sure to get the most out of YouTube, thus avoiding having to reach the highest rankings, as the traffic generated by the navigation and the recommended videos will be higher.
Objectives of video optimization
There are three video optimization goals you should set yourself:
- Ranking in Google with videos
- YouTube rankings using YouTube searches
- To be recommended or suggested on YouTube
SEO video on YouTube and its operation
Video referencing on YouTube is a little different from regular SEO on search engines like Google. All the indicators and indicators of quality and good content also apply to YouTube.
The main goal is to keep traffic on the site, and once you get there, you'll get a free promotion on YouTube, as long as your optimization is correct.
What do you need to know about video referencing?
1. How to find video subjects
This is the very first step to achieving success in your video SEO. Below are some simple ways to find a list of the most relevant topics.
- Transform your existing content into video. You do not need to look further for your video topics. Just use the content already available and choose the blog posts that best behave according to the level of interaction and then turn the content into video.
- Analyze your competitors. If you have no idea where to start, then the best place to start is to look at what your competitors are doing and the type of topics they cover. You can then reshape their ideas in amazing video content.
- Run your ideas via YouTube. YouTube itself can be a great resource when you are trying to find the right topics to cover in your video content. You can be assured of the most relevant topics on YouTube. You just need to search intensely for shared topic ideas on YouTube's AutoComplete.
2. Make the most of your video content
Many factors are taken into account by YouTube to determine the quality of uploaded videos. However, the most important are:
- Level of commitment
- Watch the Hour
Your success in video referencing is therefore determined by how long you keep the traffic watching the content of your video and the number of visitors engaged.
How to get people to watch your video
The main purpose of video content is to attract as many people as possible to watch the videos you create. The following tips will help you do this:
- Create catchy titles, descriptions, and thumbnails to invite people to click on links and watch videos.
- Mainly endowed with high CTR titles, in this case it would be ideal to focus on the high quality titles corresponding to the top quality and the most wanted topics. You can also consider using bright colors on the video vignette to attract the attention of viewers.
- Make sure the first 15 minutes of the video are intriguing and engaging. This will keep the viewer engaged and probably teased to watch the video in full. Get a glimpse of what video is and it would be the point of anchoring so that your visitors remain committed to viewing the videos until the end.
Keeping Your Television Viewers Engaged
- When it comes to SEO video, do not let it end up watching the video. Ask your viewers to like, comment or subscribe at the end of the video.
- Promote CTAs using maps as well as other playlists and videos.
- Promote more playlists or videos on your channels by adding an end screen
3. How to perform video optimization to ensure double traffic
Unlike other search engines, there is no relationship between the choice of keywords and ranking on YouTube. This, however, does not rule out the need to optimize keywords.
Aside from affecting the actual site rankings, the optimized keywords are essential to explain what the videos are and their relevance. You must therefore choose the right keywords to use the file names, titles and descriptions.
It has been observed that most of the traffic on the channels comes from videos suggested by YouTube in the right sidebar. It's, therefore, where you want your videos to appear. Maximizing your video tags will help you achieve that.
Optimization with tags
- Using your keywords, search for video rankings by clicking on the keywords used.
- Use browser plugins like VidlQ or Tube Buddy.
- Use VidlQ to get relevant tags suggested by other popular videos when setting up your YouTube videos.
Increase your frame rate with video promotion
After you publish your YouTube video, you must promote it. This will allow you to multiply your reach and make sure that the video will appear more in the search.
You can use the following tips to promote your YouTube videos
- Push the video on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- Embed your video on your blogs.
- Email the video to your emailing list.
- Use paid traffic.
The Challenges of Video Production and How to Solve Them
Video production is not a simple task as many might imagine
Producing videos can be very tedious and expensive. Think of HD cameras, lights, studio fees, actors, editing and editing software. These can add up to thousands of dollars per minute video. In addition, you can also meet photo-phobic people who never want to be on camera!
Solutions to the challenges of video production
1. Outsource to specialized and specialized service providers. This will come in handy especially if you do not have the time or resources to produce your videos in-house.
2. Using the video HOTH can also help you with this. In this case, the content of your blog will be transformed into high-quality quality videos.
- Visit the HOTH Video website and deliver your main content.
- With the help of professional scriptwriting experts, the content will be edited in a video script.
- The experts will then shoot a high definition (HD) video of a professional actor in their studio using the created script.
- Professional title cards and roll b will be added in the process.
- Finally, the shortened version and description of YouTube will be delivered to you to download.
Crucial points to note
- Video SEO still remains the incredible but untapped opportunity in 2018. What many do not realize is the fact that it's much easier compared to the long and tedious Google optimization process. In addition, YouTube is likely to promote your video for free provided you optimize it.
- With more than 25% Google searches reported as containing at least one video, you can also get higher rankings in the SERPs using optimized YouTube videos.
- The selection of video topics should not be difficult, especially when you already have the main content on your blogs that you can easily turn into videos.
- When producing YouTube videos, the main factors to consider are the time and level of engagement
- Always make sure you use tags to access recommended videos, where significant traffic is detected.
- Finally, to increase the speed and reach of your view, you will need to promote the videos on your blog, sending them by e-mail, pushing them on social networks and using paid search.
Visual information is more likely to be digested by the human brain and for this reason, a majority of people prefer to share visual content, which requires you to embed video in your digital marketing strategies . With the information included here, it's time for you to launch a visual marketing campaign to see how it revolves around your digital marketing efforts.
Photo via Shutterstock